Ossur Unloader One Plus Arthritis Knee Brace
Many OA knee patients have larger leg sizes, so containing excess soft tissue is essential if they are to be braced effectively and comfortably. The Unloader One Plus model is equipped with a wider thigh strap than the standard version, plus a gastroc strap that helps secure the brace in place. The Unloader One Plus model has a sturdier upright with an Adjustable Dynamic Joint that provides additional leverage for optimal pain management. Multiple, peer-reviewed clinical and biomechanical studies have proven the efficacy of this technology. The Unloader One Plus is now available as an off-the-shelf (without cover) brace. Drawing on twenty years of clinical studies and user feedback, Ossur has completely redesigned the legendary Unloader brace, incorporating new technologies for unrivalled performance. Biomechanical understanding and materials expertise have contributed to a holistic approach that addresses the pain and immobility caused by OA. The Unloader One brace has 30-50% more unloading power than the original Unloader, with only HALF the weight. This low profile device has a new kind of breathable padding coated with silicone that virtually eliminates migration (slipping or rotation). Not one, but two Dynamic Force Straps work in conjunction with an easy-to-adjust control system which allows patients to better manage their knee pain. The buckle and strapping design makes it easier to apply and remove the brace, repeatedly achieving a snug fit without having to adjust it. Even patients with arthritic hands will find the brace easier to apply.
- Breathable, microfiber fabric liners (6 colors available) mask the product frame (additional charge applies).
- Flexible, low-profile upright contours to patient anatomy and allows use underneath clothing.
- A new design incorporates color-coded buckles , more intuitive strapping, and denser Sensil® lining for increased patient comfort.
- The flexible, perforated shells conform easily to individual anatomy, giving Unloader One OTS an excellent out-of-the-box fit.
- Quick fit buckles and breathable liners help ensure better patient compliance.
- Dual Dynamic Force Straps increase unloading capabilities and eliminate rotational tendencies caused by a single strap.
- Tool-free, racheting Dynamic Force Control System enables self-dosing by the patient for easier pain management.